|Title:||Control Room Machine Operator - 1st shift|
|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
View our website for all other Career opportunities
Young Dental is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Young Dental is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
We are looking for 1 Packaging Machine Operators on our 1st shift at our manufacturing facility in Earth City. If you are a reliable, hard-working and teamwork oriented individual, we encourage you to apply. We offer a 4-day work week of Monday - Thursday (4:30 am - 3:00pm) to help our employees with work-life balance. Competitive starting pay, opportunities for advancement, full benefit package upon hire including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) life & disability insurance and much more!
The CVS Packaging Machine Operator runs the Klockner machine and should be able to make process adjustments when necessary. Diagnose any processing issues, properly setup film printer, process and make adjustments to the All-Fill paste filler and load base & lid film and adjust accordingly. Managing packaging equipment while adhering to batch records, work orders and SOPs.
- Manufacture chemical products in an ISO and FDA regulated environment. Read, follow, and complete work orders and additional documentation as required.
- Effectively and efficiently setup, operate, and maintain Klockner Machine, components and other packaging machines as needed.
- Cooperatively share information from shift and work orders with other team members
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe environment.
- Understand and use metric measurements and conversions.
- Able to follow procedures relating to proper storage and handling of chemicals, labels and other packaging supplies.
- Participate in inventory cycle counting and other physical duties as assigned.
- Compliance with internal quality system and general company policies.
Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred.
- Trade School experience or diploma is a plus.
- Two years’ experience running packaging machinery, preferably on form/fill/seal type of equipment preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Knowledge of manufacturing in a regulated environment (FDA, ISO, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to be a self-starter, follow-through and to manage multiple tasks along with a strong sense of urgency in accomplishing goals
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Able to perform mathematical calculations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization
- Mid-level computer proficiency is needed
The position requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, bend, and walk frequently during the shift. The position may require working extended hours or on weekends as needed. Incumbent may need to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
Manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer.