|Job Location:||Earth City, MO|
Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies with sales in excess of $150 million covering a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories. With an outstanding reputation for quality, our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories. We are a fast-paced, lean organization with tremendous opportunity for growth through hands-on experience with diverse and challenging projects.
Young Dental, a subsidiary of Young Innovations, is a leading US designer, manufacturer and marketer of clinically advanced dental hygiene products with locations in St. Louis, MO and Algonquin, IL. Young Dental has been developing dental products since 1900 having launched and built some of the industry’s most revered products. Young’s flagship product is the disposable prophy angle which set the stage for innovation in dental hygiene over forty years ago. Trusted by dental professionals worldwide, Young manufactures over 200 professional preventive products including hygiene hand pieces, prophy pastes, fluoride varnish and infection control products while maintaining strategic partnerships with well-known consumer brands like Oral B and Wrigley. For more information on our market leading products and innovative brands, please visit youngdental.com.
- Manufacture chemical products in an ISO and FDA regulated environment.
- Read, follow, and complete work orders and additional documentation as required.
- Effectively and efficiently setup, operate, and maintain all mixing, filling and packaging equipment in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe environment.
- Understand and use metric measurements and conversions.
- Able to follow procedures relating to proper storage and handling of chemicals, labels and other packaging supplies.
- Participate in inventory cycle counting and other physical duties as assigned.
- Compliance with internal quality system and general company policies.
Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred.
- Previous Mixing/Batching Experience in related field food or pharmaceutical.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing in a regulated environment (FDA, ISO, etc.)
Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
Ability to be a self-starter, follow-through and to manage multiple tasks along with a strong sense of urgency in accomplishing goals
Ability to work in a team environment
Able to perform mathematical calculations
Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization
The position requires the ability to sit, stand, stoop, bend, and walk frequently during the shift. The position may require working extended hours or on weekends as needed. Incumbent may need to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
Manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
Young Dental/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer.