Young Innovations is a growing mid-sized manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies. We have an outstanding reputation for quality and customer service. Our company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst who thrives in a fast-paced role to join our team. This Commercial Financial Analyst will be responsible for assisting with sales reporting across multiple sales teams and territories and tracking expenses across the Young Innovations functional teams. This role will also provide key support on an ad hoc basis within Young Innovations Finance team. The candidate must be comfortable maneuvering through complex data sets and partnering/communicating effectively with all levels of business leadership.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages for executive team review of Direct performance, including variance analysis and forecasting to identify risks and opportunities
- Drive monthly expense meetings with functional area leaders; track, review, and discuss performance vs expense targets and prepare an adjusted rest of year forecast.
- Partner with business managers to provide analytical support; help identify leading indicators and reporting capabilities to drive actionable results
- Improve financial outcomes by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends and recommending actions to management
- Drive continuous process improvements and best practices to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the business unit reporting
- Assist the Sr. Finance Manager in organizing sales reporting and targets across the business
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field
- 2 to 5 years of experience with demonstrated success in managing complex financial systems; experience in operations or manufacturing environment a plus
- Must possess intellectual curiosity and a desire to work in a fast-paced organization on diverse and challenging projects
- Fundamental understanding of accounting; and preferably cost accounting
- Knowledge of business modeling and an understanding of how businesses operate and utilize information
- Strong quantitative acumen with the ability to clearly present financial, operational, and market information
- Strong analytical problem-solving capabilities. Strategic thinker.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks in a self- directed manner, as needed
- Displays sound judgment and decision-making
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office (emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, & Word)
- Ability to extract and manipulate large quantities of data from an ERP system and data warehouse/cube structure
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- Above average verbal & writing skills
Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer